Civic has just announced an expansion of the Civic Network with AAEON, AR Systems, Fastcorp Vending, Global Vending Group, greenbox Robotics, Invenda, IVM, IVS, Retail Automated Concepts, SandenVendo, The-Venders, and Wemp joining the project.
“The first step in making digital identity attainable is making it accessible for the everyday consumer,” said Vinny Lingham, Civic CEO and Co-founder. “Vending machines represent an introduction to the mass market, where people can see how digital identity functions in the real world, as well as opening up an entirely new market for automated retail. We’re thrilled to partner with leaders in the automated retail industry, and working together, we look forward to making digital identity available and usable.”
The soon-to-be-released Civic Pay app will enable partners to combine identity verification, payment, and rewards into a single transaction and these first Civic Pay partners are at the forefront of the automated retail industry.
By integrating the Civic Pay app with automated retail solutions and smart vending machines, these partners will introduce the first real-world, Civic Pay use cases, where people can prove identity and pay for a product in a single transaction. Together, these companies represent over one million connected vending machines. Combining identity with payment will further advance Civic partners’ automated retail solutions and expand vending opportunities for a growing market. Currently, there are over 3 million connected vending machines globally, a number expected to grow to 5.4 million by 2022 according to Berg Insight.
The Civic Network expansion marks a big step towards Civic’s larger vision: to give everyone a digital identity that they own and control. Most transactions require some form of identity verification and building identity verification into payment functionality simplifies that process. Vending machines make digital identity accessible and give people the ability to experience new technology. In addition, with the Civic Pay app, once users are verified, they are able to use the same verification over and over again, further streamlining the identity and payment process.
“Speaking with Civic, we immediately recognized the vision and how identity verification could help AAEON embark on an entirely new market of vending opportunities. The combination of identity and payment enables a frictionless user experience that allows for a new subset of product offerings,” said Paul Yang, General Manager at AAEON. “We’re excited to be one of Civic’s first vending machine partners, and we look forward to implementing Civic technology to provide a cutting-edge customer experience.”
“With over 800,000 vending machines, we’re always looking for innovative concepts to introduce. The vending machine market is flourishing and being the first to adopt industry-changing technology is critical to providing the best user experience,” Mike Weiser, SandenVendo’s CEO and President. “With combined identity, payment, and rewards solutions, Civic Pay is a perfect fit for our vending fleet, and we’re excited to implement this technology and help make digital identity more accessible.”
To learn more about Civic automated retail solutions, visit https://www.civic.com/.
- Vinny Lingham’s Blockchain Startup Civic Cuts New Deals with a Dozen Retail Partners – April 23, 2019
- 220 Partners at JPMorgan’s Blockchain Project – New Features – April 23, 2019
- SIM Card Swapper: 21-Year-Old Cryptocurrency Thief Gets 10 Years in US Prison – April 23, 2019
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox – April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative – April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold – April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin – April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS – April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON – April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners – April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange – April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio – April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds – April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service – April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain – April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens – April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS – April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors – April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO – April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview – April 12, 2019
View All Articles
Credit Source link